Submission 3: Critical Reflection

Module Learning

At the start on 17th September 2020, the goal that I set out for myself was to be more confident in what I typed when it comes to email or letter for official purpose, as most of the times I do not feel confident in the email that I have typed and sent out. Though we did not really touch on email writing for this module, we did touch on grammar and punctuations when it comes to writing a report, which was one of the goals that I would like to fulfil as well. I learned that I have a major issue of comma splice was having long sentences connected by commas when the sentence should have ended long ago. Steeping out of my comfort zone to often give pitch or mini-presentations in class helped me to build up my confidence to a certain extent, even if I still feel scared and nervous when I have a presentation. I believe that during the presentation, enjoying the process and know that in a presentation I am not alone, I have my group mates with me. Before the presentation, I ran through on how I would present a few times by myself, receiving opinions from my friends by having a zoom presentation to them, next, we had a zoom rehearsal as a group to rehearse how are we going to present, and lastly, coming to class early to rehearse multiple times to build up my confidence. As I believe practice makes perfect, and by rehearsing multiple times would build up the confidence and rapport in the group. Moving forward from here, I believe that I could watch more videos on how good and efficient presenters present to learn and pick up more skills on how to present.


Project Learning

When we were doing our group report, I had many ideas and pointers to share with my groupmates. However, as my language was not strong, many of the pointers that I have could not be conveyed to my groupmates clearly as they did not understand what I was typing, resulting in them having a hard time trying to understand the message behind what I was written. However, after explaining to them, they understand the intention and idea that I have, and they were able to help me to refurbish and tidy it up nicely so that the reader would be able to understand. I personally felt that our team had a good rapport. We each have our strong points, and we could make up for one another flaws. After all, we are a team and not an individual project, where one person does everything, a team should help one another. Through this experience,  I felt that it is important to have a team that can support and complement one another, and don't that it for granted that someone else would do it. After this experience, I should work harder to improve my English so that I could help my groupmates more and not having them always having to second read what I typed, as well as how to convey my thoughts and ideas to my groupmate much more efficiently. 




Comments